I’m going on a road trip and I want you to join me 😊
Everyone loves a weekend away right? Let’s help our bushfire and drought affected areas by visiting the towns and spending some money.
My plan is to encourage as many people as possible to drive to a destination, shop, eat, drink, knit, crochet, stay a night and then do it all again.
The only involvement I have is planning the route and deciding on some of the meeting points.
You will have to organise your own accommodation in the chosen town or a nearby town and decide whether you want to travel on your own or organise a group to travel with.
We will have a group knit/crochet meetup on Saturday night at a venue that is able to offer us food, drink and comfy chairs. I will also be inviting local crafters to join us. For the first road trip I've added a knit/crochet meetup at our lunch stop at Milton Hotel on Saturday.
I’m mindful of the fact that there is a mix of people who work on Friday and people that don’t work on Friday so Friday night is your choice. I’ll try to keep the Friday night accommodation under 2 hours from Sydney and accessible by train.
I’d love to be able to do this once a month for all of 2020 😊
South Coast Road Trip 14/15/16 Feb.
Friday - Home (I'm based in Castereagh) to Wollongong – 1hr 39min drive time via Heathcote Road/ Princes Highway – meet for dinner/drinks/knitting in Wollongong.
Saturday - leave at 9/10am.
Wollongong to Berry – 50 mins drive time – morning tea, shopping.
Berry to Milton – 1hr drive time – lunch and knit/crochet meetup at Milton Hotel 74 Princes Highway Milton
Milton to Batemans Bay – 1hr 13min drive time – Saturday night destination, Mogo zoo, shopping, dinner and knit/crochet meetup at The Mariners on the Waterfront 31 Orient St Batemans Bay
Sunday leave at 9/10am.
Batemans Bay to Ulladulla/Mollymook – 1hr 10min driving time – morning tea, shopping.
Mollymook to Kiama – 1hr 27min driving time – lunch, knitting, crocheting, shopping.
Kiama to Sydney – 2 hrs driving time
Subject to environmental conditions and road conditions.
I've decided to make these gorgeous Lovebomb Coasters by Queen Babs to take with me on our South Coast Road Trip.
I'm going to 'Lovebomb' every place that I stop at by leaving a coaster or two to let people know that we care :)
Who wants to Lovebomb with me?
Did you miss out on our wonderful 'All things Yarn' Japan tour?
Then you're in luck! The amazing Sally has managed to secure two extra flights and an extra room in each location. Come on your own or bring a friend :)
The Australian Wool Store
'All Things Yarn' Japan tour 2020
Join Kathryn from The Australian Wool Store and Sally from Traveland Epping on our
‘All Things Yarn’ Japan tour in 2020!
Dates: April 15 – May 3 2020
Departing from Sydney
Pricing per person:
$11,499.00 share twin
- Return economy airfare and taxes to Japan from Sydney with All Nippon Airlines (direct flights)
- 4 star accommodation in Hiroshima (4 nights), Kyoto (4 nights), Takayama (2 nights in a traditional Japanese Inn) and Tokyo (6 nights)
- Internal travel in Japan by rail, including Bullet train from Hiroshima to Kyoto and Takayama to Tokyo
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and farewell dinner
- Attendance at the Japan Hobby Show in Tokyo – 3 day ticket
- Yarn and fabric shopping plus two knitting workshops
- Guided sightseeing tours in each city
- Airport transfers and luggage courier for rail journeys
- Suica card with JPY3,000 pre-loaded
- Fully escorted from Sydney
For enquiries and booking details please contact:
Sally Cooper at Traveland Epping
B: 02 98683555
Have you always wanted to learn to crochet?
Perhaps you’ve learned in the past, but it’s been a while, and you need some guidance to regain your skills and confidence…
Crochet is one of the oldest crafts in the world and today is often termed the “New Yoga”. Research shows that there are many health and well being benefits to repetitive crafts such as crochet. So if you’ve never crocheted before or you just need a bit of friendly help getting started again then this is the workshop for you!
In this three-hour workshop, you will learn:
- Basic crochet stitches
- How to interpret and read simple patterns
- How to make a granny square
- Ideas for making simple gifts
About your tutor, Sharon Holstein:
Sharon from Fibre Frolic was inspired to crochet as a child by her grandmother. She started crocheting at the age of ten and has now been crocheting for more than 30 years! Sharon is a member of the Knitters Guild NSW and has extensive experience teaching crochet workshops
Only $70, includes three hours tuition and a crochet starter kit.
The kit contains a Learn to Crochet leaflet, 1 x crochet hook, 2 x 8ply yarn so you can continue to practice your new skills at home.
Complimentary tea, coffee and treats will be provided.
Please bring a pen and notebook if you’d like to take additional notes
Location - Castlereagh, Sydney
Saturday Feb 22 10am - 1pm
Saturday March 15 10am - 1pm
Come and join my newly created, private Facebook group, The Yarn Society.
The Yarn Society is a fun and friendly space for you to share pictures of your yarny creations made using The Australian Wool Store yarn.
Everyone is welcome to join this safe, happy and inclusive group.
Let's inspire and support each other :)
Have you seen my custom designed stitch markers?
This sweet set of 6 stitch markers, one with a lobster clasp, comes with a handy storage tin. The 12 mm sterling silver ring will fit on any knitting needle up to 7 mm in diameter.
Locally made in Sydney, Australia.
$15 plus postage.
Do you love yarn shopping but don't like shopping online? Do you need to feel the yarn before you buy? Not sure if your screen is showing you the right colour?
Then come and meet me at the following locations where yarn squishing is allowed :)
- February 14-16 South Coast Road Trip
- February 29 MacKnit Yarn Traders Day - Epping 10 - 2
- March 7-8 Lost Trades Fair - Bendigo Race Course 10 - 4
- March 21-22 Handmade Canberra - EPIC 10 - 4
- April 15 - May 3 Japan :)
- May 16-17 Canberra Wool Expo - Old Bus Depot Markets 10 - 4
- June 6-7 Bathurst Festival of Fibre - Panthers Bathurst
- July 2 - 4 Adelaide Sewing, Stitching and Handcraft Show - Adelaide Showground
- July 17 - 19 Bendigo and Sheep Wool Show
- October 24 - 25 Fibrefest Singleton
- October 24 - 25 Lost Trades Fair Clarendon Sydney
Follow me on Facebook for further details.
Finally, meet my sweet little granddaughter, Willow.
Happy making everyone :)
Until next month,